Use a ceiling fan and raise the thermostat setting 4°F
With the help of a ceiling fan, you can raise the thermostat setting 4°F and stay just as comfortable in the summer.
How it works:
The breeze created by a ceiling fan evaporates moisture from your skin to help you feel cooler.
Step by step:
- Turn on your fan.
- Turn down your AC. In order to realize savings from your ceiling fan, you need to turn down your air conditioner. You can save as much as 10% a year on heating and cooling by simply turning your thermostat back 7-10°F for eight hours a day from its normal setting.
- Remember, fans cool people, not rooms. Turn fans off when the room is unoccupied.
What to look for:
- ENERGY STAR® label for higher energy efficiency
- Fan size appropriate for your room
- Reversible setting to use the fan in the winter keeping the warm air down
- Remote control for ease of use